- Must be a US citizen.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of applicable experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of this experience must include experience in protective security assignments.
- Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the PSS training course.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a full-time equivalent (FTE) firearms instructor on other US federal, state, or local government training assignments.
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of hiring.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license issued from a state within the US.
- Possess and maintain a valid passport granted by the Department of State.
- In the case of military service, any separation must have been under honorable conditions, if applicable. In the case of specific human intelligence threat Posts, the person must meet the minimum requirements as identified in the task order.
- Obtain and maintain a personnel security clearance/public trust certification, as required by the task order.
- Meet or exceed all applicable position/labor category requirements as detailed in Section 2 of this Attachment and the applicable TO. The Contractor shall not consider armed guard/protective security experience earned prior to 18 years of age for the purposes of meeting position/labor category experience requirements.
- Prior to beginning training, shall submit to and receive a negative result on drug and steroid testing
- Successfully complete the training qualification and re-qualification proficiency requirements with the weapon(s) required by their respective position/labor category, as detailed in Section 2 of this Attachment and the applicable TO. Any accommodations (e.g., glasses, hearing aids, prostheses, etc.) required to successfully complete training must be used in the performance of duties for the duration of employment on the contract
Upon bio approval, and before beginning work on the contract, the PSS/FI shall:
- Attend and successfully complete the PSS training course.
- Qualify with the Glock-19, M4, M203, M240, M249, and Remington 870 shotgun, re-qualifying as required by the task order.
- Attend and successfully complete the Basic Field Firearms Officer Course.
- The PSS/FI must be able to obtain and maintain a personnel security clearance as identified in the task order.
- Complete the Physical Readiness Test at the 65% performance level, and maintain that fitness level for the duration of his/her service on the task order.
- Possess no impediments to traveling overseas to and within countries that are considered dangerous or unhealthy in general, or to the country or countries assigned in the applicable task order in specific.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Janus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.