Must be a US citizen
- Must possess NAPWDA certification or equivalent national/state/provincial military or law enforcement certification as a working dog handler
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an explosives detection dog trainer
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) additional year of security-related experience
- Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services
Must have a valid US Passport
Must have a current US driver's license
Must be able to pass a physical fitness agility test and maintain that fitness level for the duration of his/her service on the task order
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening; position is also subject to random drug screening throughout the course of employment
If prior US Military, must have an honorable discharge
Must be able to pass a detailed background investigation and possess the criteria to be awarded and maintain the necessary US-issued security clearance
Must be able to pass a medical physical approving candidate for overseas work
Ability to travel to, and/or work in, an austere, hostile, or remote location.
- Attend and successfully complete the NPSS training course
- Attend and successfully complete firearms training with the Glock-19 and M4, qualifying on those firearms specified in the task order
- Attend and successfully complete training, to be a minimum of three (3) hours in length, addressing the following topics:
- Recognition of improvised explosive devices (IED) and explosive materials, both in general and relating specifically to the task order area of operations.
- Safe explosives handling, explosives storage protocols, and explosives transportation protocols, to include protocols for avoiding cross-contamination of explosive training materials.
- Phase one (1) of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) National Odor Recognition Test (NORT)
- Phase two (2) of the North American Police Work Dog Association (NAPWDA) certification test.
- Attend and successfully complete the rqeuired supervisor training course
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Janus is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.